Ice cream trucks, drinks on the patio, and concerts with the gals; we’re only a week into summer and it’s already shaping up to be a good one! With all this fun going on, the last thing I want to do is spend too much time in my closet wondering what I should wear. So I’ve put together some of my summer essentials to make dressing up in style a breeze!
1. Maxi Dresses: If I could live in a maxi dress all year round, I probably would. I love that you can stay totally casual in a maxi dress, or jazz it up for any occasion with the simple addition of some beautiful accessories. This lovely paisley patterned dress from Old Navy can easily go from beach to dinner in a flash.
2. Sunglasses: You can always find a pair of sunglasses in my purse and in my car – I don’t go anywhere without them. These pink, cat eye shades from Torrid are super cute and make me feel like a movie star – even on the days where I’m simply running around doing errands.
3. Sandals: Goodbye boots and wool socks. Hello, stylish sandals! During the colder months, my socks are the first things to come off when I get home from work. So, when I can finally walk out the door in sandals, it’s a joyous occasion! These beauties from Stuart Weitzman have everything I love about sandals: they’re slingback, wedges, with an open-toe.
4. Nail Polish: Don’t forget to make sure your toes are ready for their summer debut! Pink is one of my go-to shades because it looks great on virtually all skin tones, and OPI always has a great selection of my favourite hue. I’m currently crushing on “What’s The Double Scoop?” from their Retro Summer collection.
5. Sun Hats: Protecting your skin during the sunny, summer months doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style. This sun hat by Vera Bradley will keep you shaded and cool while its striped wide brim adds a fun touch to your look.
What is on your summer essentials list? Be sure to let me know in the comments below!