This weekend, a fabulous team known as the Young Women In Business will be launching their first eastern Canadian chapter in Toronto with their Shatter: Breaking The Glass Ceiling conference. Created after noticing a lack of support and networks for young professional women starting their careers, YWIB stepped in and now has 7 chapters across 3 Canadian provinces. Whether you’re a fellow blogger, entrepreneur, or just starting your career, here are 5 reasons to attend this awesome conference, as posted by Young Women In Business:
1. Meet professionals, from all genders, who are passionate about discussing the issues women face in the workforce; both in traditional business paths and in entrepreneurship.
2. Hear from influential and executive women who have learned first-hand what it means to be a women in business as they discuss their trials and successes and what it takes to make it as a women in their industry.
3. Help grow the Young Women in Business – Toronto Chapter network as we expand throughout the city. Give valuable feedback on the topics you want to learn more about, the skills you want to enhance and the people you want to connect with.
4. Find out what businesses, such as Tangerine, are doing to keep gender equality and inclusion at the forefront of their corporate discussions to bridge the gap between genders in the workplace.
5. Grow your network by connecting with women’s networks such as Fill The Gap, Women on the Move and the rest of the Young Women in Business team.
General admission tickets are $47.46, but you can get yours for $25.00 with the code YWIBROCK. Buy your tickets here.